Saturday, August 6, 2011

Ants in our Pants!

Here are just a few of the things we did during our Ant themed week!

I got this Ant Chart from "Welcome to Room 36" I can't find the exact post :( I thought I had it saved but here is my version.


We read the book "Ant and Honeybee: What a Pair" by Megan McDonald and made a list of "pairs."


In the theme of bees we also learned about prefixes and suffixes using a beehive. This idea came from The Mailbox magazine.


We read two versions of "The Ant and the Grasshopper" then made a venn diagram to compare and contrast them.


We graphed our favorite picnic foods: Hamburgers or Hot Dogs! This idea came from The Mailbox magazine.


We also made a chart of -ant words which I don't have a picture of and made a word wall list of long a and short a words.



2 comments:

  1. Your charts are so adorable, love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am totally inspired by Mrs. Williamson at Welcome to Room 36!

    ReplyDelete